Saturday, August 29, 2009

Podcast

Before this class I have never listened to a podcast so I was not sure what to expect. After listening to a few I think that it is a good tool for communicating and sharing ideas. They share a lot of information that teachers, parents, and students can definitely use. However, I was disappointed with many of the podcast that I listened to. I was a little bored.

I first listened to "Smart Board Lessons." In my opinion, it took Ben and Joan a little to long to start talking about their subject of the day. Listening to them reminded me of listening to a radio talk show. They did have information that is useful, however, by the time they started talking about it I was bored.

When I watched "KidCast" I was a little more interested. When I was listening to him I felt like he got to the point and didn't waste time on the small talk. So it seemed to me that he had more useful information. At this point I realized how useful podcast could be in the classroom.

I went on to listen to "MacBreak Weekly" and "This Week in Photography". I enjoyed "This Week in Photography." It caught my interest a little more than the rest. I don't know if I would ever use podcast in the classroom. However, it is something I will continue to listen to and find more information on. It seems that podcast will help keep you up to date on the latest information.

1 comment:

  1. Why do you think that you would not use podcasts in your classes?

    ReplyDelete