Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Not About the Technology

I agree with Mrs. Hines 100% that teachers need to be learners as well as being teachers. Like I said in my last blog I don't think technology can fix everything. You can have all the technology in the world available to you but if the teachers don't know anything about it, then it is useless. I also absolutely agree with her statement that you have to work smarter not harder. I say that all day at my job.

I also agree with Dr.Strange when he stated that you cannot be a 21st Century teacher without the technology. In other fields people are required to go to classes and learn new technology to help them achieve the most out of their jobs. It should be mandatory for teachers to learn new technologies in my opinion. Students are motivated today by things they can be a part of. Preparing them for the real world where technology will be used is necessary. They won't have a choice, either learn it or find another job. Technology allows students to be involved with their education. I fully support technology in the classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm... I'm not sure that you agreed with Ms Hines 100%. She argues that you can be a good teacher without technology. You seem to argue against that position.

    ReplyDelete