Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Importance of Posting Work To Blogs

There are so many reasons that it is important for students to post their work to blogs. In our class, we have seen first hand how blogging and technology can connect the world. We have seen it in the Comments4Kids to the Kaia videos. Blogging allows people to connect and share ideas. It can be a useful tool for students to have an outlet on their feelings and opinions.

Fleetwood Mac
The first example of why posting to a blog is a good thing is the video of the PS22 Chorus in New York City. They posted themselves doing a cover of "Landslide" a song originally done by Fleetwood Mac.Click here to watch the video. Stevie Nicks the lead singer in Fleetwood Mac was so impressed that they had the opportunity to sing with the band at Madison Square Gardens. Posting opened the door for these young students to have an amazing experience.

Room 18
A second example of the importance of blogging is one that I have already mentioned. Comments4Kids has students from around the world posting stories and pictures to their blogs. In our class we had the opportunity to make comments on their blogs. I know if I had been able to do this when I was young, I would have been thrilled to see someone writing to me from across the world. It's really just amazing how things have changed in the classroom. It can only get better.

Kaia
The third example is my favorite. We met a little girl named Kaia through blogging. Her father is teaching her about technology and she has touched so many lives in such a short amount of time. I think what makes her so special is the fact that she is only three.

1 comment:

  1. This is what I asked for. Examples with links and pictures as well as a commentary on why blog. I wonder why many of your peers did not follow these instructions as you did?

    ReplyDelete