Sunday, November 29, 2009

What I've Learned in EDM

World
I have learned this semester how important it is to be open to new technology (or tachnology period). Before this class, I'll admit, I was very wary of some technology especially computers. I have worked on computers for years, however, I never continued learning new stuff on the computer. I got comfortable with what I already knew. So this semester I have realized that to be an effective teacher, I have to continue to learn new things. I have to be a life-long learner. I beleive that is the most important thing I have learned from this class.

Technology is such an important part of our society that it would be idiotic to not take advantage of learning the new advances in it. I also really enjoyed the Comments 4 Kids project. I loved how I was able to connect to people from around the world. As I have said before in another post, when I was a young student, I would have been thrilled to know that someone from another place thought I was doing soemthing cool. It would have really encouraged me and made school a more interesting place to be. The connections made through technology is amazing. It benefits us a future teachers, with ideas/support and the students with an exciting way to learn.

I never knew there were so many websites, such as ALEX and ACCESS that gives you help. Ex: lesson plans. Podcast/videocast was something else I have never heard of before this semester, but I'm glad I did. I think I can use them in class and also the students can use them at home. I think my favorite project was the Google Docs. It was an easy but fun way to tell the class about myself. I think that is a great technology to know for my future class.

Overall, I was happy with everythng we did in class. I was never bored with anything we learned...nervous but not bored. I wish we had been able to do more with Google Earth because I love Google Earth. Twitter is still my least favorite, it is growing on me, so maybe that will change. I just can't really get into it. I think now, at the end of the semester, I am a medium on the technological literate scale because I have learned so much. I will maintain this and hopefully improve by continuing to learn and have fun with new technology.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to get into Twitter, too. Hasn't really started to grow on me yet, but stranger things have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wrote: "I got comfortable with what I already knew. So this semester I have realized that to be an effective teacher, I have to continue to learn new things. I have to be a life-long learner. I beleive that is the most important thing I have learned from this class. " If you truly have become a life long learner then I agree that this is the most important thing you could have learned from this course!

    ReplyDelete