Sunday, November 8, 2009

Michael Wesch

Michael Wesch
I really enjoyed Mr. Wesch's speech. I thought it was funny, clever, and parts of it were very true. I liked how he used clips from the Simpsons to YouTube to make his point.

I liked the history of "whatever". I know that I have said "whatever" many times in the past, when I just didn't care about something. However,I never thought about it being negative until now. It was interesting to see how terms change over time. Hopefully, the term "whatever" will begin to mean "I will do whatever it takes to make a change." I see how that statement will have an impact on my future as a teacher. I will have to do whatever it takes sometimes to make sure the students are learning. If something doesn't work, I will have to change my methods. You do what it takes for them to succeed.

I think YouTube is great. It has so many possibilities. It can be fun, inspirational, educational etc. I think some of it could even be used in the classroom. Click here to watch the video.

1 comment:

  1. What do you think the chances are that it will come to mean "I will do whatever it takes to make a change"? Dr. Wesch suggests that the new conversations fostered by the new media may lead to such an event. Is there any evidence from this EDM310 class to suggest that he may be correct?

    ReplyDelete