Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dear Kaia

Kaia
I really enjoyed Kaia's video. It made me smile because she had such a sweet little voice when she was explaining her pictures. For the video, Kaia and her father went outside and took pictures of different things. Objects that could be ugly, however, according to her father these things are made beautiful through art. They then made a video sharing her images on Twitter. Mr. Chamberline found the video and shared it with his class. They in turn did a videothread for Kaia because she is only three and cannot read yet.

I think the way things happened is really cool. I believe it's a great way to keep things interesting in a classroom. Especially being able to Skype to different people in the world. I think that that technology will be very useful because you could use it to help answer questions that your students will ask. I completely understand Kaia's father having concerns pertaining to putting his daughter out for the world to see. Either way, it's a great resource and I can see myself using it when I become a teacher. Click here to view Kaia's video. Here is the letter from Kaia's father.

2 comments:

  1. I also loved Kaia's blog. Of course, I had to use Google to even know where she is, and I would not be surprised if her dad had to use Google to show Kaia where we are after so many students at South Alabama responded to her post.

    ReplyDelete