Sunday, October 11, 2009

Richard Miller

Dr. Richard Miller
Dr. Miller started in Part 1 of his speech talking about the libraries and printing books. As he was talking I was thinking about all the research I have done in the past couple of years and I haven't walked into a library once. Everything is accessible from your home most of the time. "Our workspace is our laptop." Information is available almost instantly and changes constantly.

I liked that he said that knowledge is something that "belongs to us as a culture." I agree with that. Knowledge wasn't always accessible to everyone. However, with all the advances in technology we all have the ability to acquire knowledge as long as we are willing to learn.

I don't know if I am 100% ready for the full multimedia experience in the classroom. I'm definitely willing to learn new technology to help students excel. It's necessary to help my future students become comfortable and capable of excelling in this ever changing culture of technology. Click here to listen to Dr. Miller.

1 comment:

  1. We all are having to learn new things. But then some teachers aren't learning. What do we do with them?

    ReplyDelete