Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dr. Alice Christie's Discovering Art in a Web 2.0 World

Waterworks at Arizona Falls
I read about how we can use technology to enhance our teaching and students' learning in many areas..even art. By using "kid-friendly" technology such as Google Earth and GPS receivers we can make exciting environments available to our students through the use of technology. This site provided me with many lesson plans to give me an idea of how to integrate art and technology.

One lesson plan that I looked at was Waterworks at Arizona Falls. By using a GPS receiver the students would be able to navigate the site. By looking at the pictures, you could ask questions, such as describe what you see and how does this picture combine art, history, and technology? I was very impressed with this. It's a great way to integrate art into the classroom. With so many activities disappearing from the class, such as music and art, it is great to see that there are still so many ways to make it available to students. To view this lesson plan Click Here

2 comments:

  1. Right. I haven't looked at Waterworks at Arizona Falls. I will do that. Sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to start adding links and pictures to your posts. The picture of the water flowing over the sculpture would be perfect here.

    ReplyDelete